Tauck Small Ship Cruises
The difference in Tauck’s small ship cruising lies in the choreography – the combination of all-inclusive cruising with unparalled exploration and uncommon access on land. From the moment you step ashore, our 90+ years of destination expertise ensures that on every moment of your shore excursions (all included in the price) count! Small ship cruising means more personal attention from the captain and the crew – you’ll find the onboard ambiance comfortable, sophisticated and intimate. The pace is more relaxed, the conversations richer, and the day-to-day experiences unforgettable.
Tauck Small Ship Cruising:
The Joy of Traveling Small
It’s the little things that make a Tauck small ship cruise so personally rewarding… and such a memorable cruising experience. Like sailing on yachts and expedition vessels to ports where bigger ships can’t go… with fewer guests onboard, more intimate settings and more personalized service for you. And all-included experiences ashore that inspire with unique access to history, nature, culture and daily life. Creating more cherished memories than you ever thought possible.
Unforgettable, at Sea and on Shore
We’ve been pioneers in travel since 1925 – and Tauck Small Ship Cruising combines 90+ years of award-winning travel expertise with personalized cruising and unique destination experiences. Our cruise journeys are carefully choreographed so you experience the best of land and sea, thoughtfully woven together to create a seamless trip from start to finish. Set sail on a fleet of handpicked ships designed to access ports the bigger ships just can’t. Whether you’re walking the top deck or strolling the cobblestone streets of a seaside town, how you see the world matters. Step onboard and experience small ship cruising as only Tauck can do it… and see the world like never before.
Enjoy exclusive, personal experiences that help you discover the true essence of your destination.
Travel In Good Company
You’re accompanied by our experienced, professional Tauck Directors, who take every moment of your journey personally.
Sophisticated, Intimate Ambiance
Sail away with like-minded travelers… in a comfortable atmosphere that makes you feel at home anywhere you roam.
Travel effortlessly, knowing that every aspect of your trip is already paid for – and taken care of – from shore excursions to gratuities, with no options sold.
Onboard Our Small Ships
Tauck Small Ship Cruising combines the rewards of sailing aboard a private yacht and comfortable expeditionary ships with Tauck’s signature all-included sightseeing and destination expertise ashore. Handpicked for each destination and designed to access ports the bigger vessels can’t, our small ships set sail on voyages of discovery from the Aegean to the Baltics, and from Asia to Antarctica. And from your first moment aboard until you disembark at the conclusion of your Tauck small ship cruise, you are a welcomed guest… enjoying gracious surroundings, impeccable service, and a relaxed, congenial shipboard lifestyle that makes it easy to foster new friendships and have the time of your life…
The Tauck Small Ship Cruising Experience
- Our small ships are selected especially for cruising in the regions they sail to
- Smaller ships hold fewer passengers; with just 40 to 264 guests aboard, our yachts and expeditionary vessels offer intimate, sophisticated cruising, more personal attention and thoughtful service, and more space per guest (Note: Guests may all be part of the Tauck group, or the cruise may be a shared ship experience with non-Tauck guests aboard as well)
- Life aboard ship is easygoing and congenial… the pace is unhurried, the ambiance relaxed, dress is “smart casual” and comfortable… and getting to know your fellow cruisers – as well as your captain and crew – couldn’t be easier
- You’ll enjoy an intimate atmosphere onboard… and without the crowds or lines you’d face with a larger vessel, it’s easy to get on and off your ship for our private shore excursions filled with exclusive experiences
- Onboard water-view dining on our ships features indoor and outdoor open seating and freshly prepared meals
- Aboard ship, enjoy a daily cocktail hour; alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are also available throughout the day
- Outside-facing staterooms for every Tauck guest on every ship ensure panoramic views from the privacy of your stateroom
- Onboard experts who sail along with you bring a whole new dimension of discovery to your cruise
- With our flexible, yacht-like cruising, you can often swim right off the ship’s stern; kayak or take a Zodiac ashore; or visit the bridge
- Guided sightseeing with our local guides and experts on our all-included shore excursions lets you see the world through their experienced eyes
- On our exclusive Earth Journeys cruises – created by Tauck and the natural history experts from BBC Earth – you’ll enjoy custom-made film vignettes, access to special field equipment “gadgets,” and educational touches you can’t get anywhere else
Uncommon Access Ashore
On our small ship cruises, a new day promises a new place to discover. Imagination, creativity and ingenuity first inspired Tauck’s combination of small ship cruising with cultural land exploration. Every cruise detail is carefully crafted and handled for you. Because it’s not only what you see, but how you see it. And it is our exclusive cruise experiences that make a Tauck small ship cruise unique.
With Tauck, You See Everything That Matters
You enjoy exclusive experiences ashore that take you to the heart and soul of the world’s most unique cruise destinations. Experiences well timed, at the best time of day to avoid crowds. Experiences that help you connect on a deep, meaningful level with a place, its people, and its way of life – even if you’re just stopping by for the day.
Go Beyond The Ordinary…
- Visit the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel – after hours…
- Enjoy an exclusive early-opening visit to the Palace of Catalan Music in Barcelona…
- Talk with a local Dubrovnik expert about modern Croatian history & the arts…
- See Antarctica through the eyes of experts such as naturalists, historians, ornithologists…
- Cross the Panama Canal in the daytime, discussing with a resident expert…
- Explore what the eye can’t see in the Galápagos using FLIR® thermal imaging cameras…
- Watch a private Andalucían horse show in style at a Spanish manor house…
- Sail past a volcanic Mediterranean island at night for some natural fireworks…
- Get the inside scoop on UNESCO World Heritage Sites…
- Sip exceptional wines on the glamorous island of Hvar…
- Uncover the playful secrets of the tango in Buenos Aires…
- Walk with naturalist guides on Isla Fernandina in search of species found nowhere else…
If it means a better travel experience, we include it in your cruise.
Our Tauck Directors
Travel in Good Company – With Folks Who Take Your Trip Personally
Averaging 10 years of service, Tauck Directors are the world’s best travel companions. Your Tauck Director (what others would call a “tour director”) is your planning expert. Your helping hand. Your fellow globetrotter. And when you’re sailing with us, your cruise tour guide. Our Tauck Directors are not simply experts on local culture, customs, and traditions. They know just where to find that stunning scarf, that perfect rosé, or that unforgettable night out. After all, it’s the little things that make a journey your own. And when you need help finding them, all you have to do is ask. They’re more than just your travel tour guides. They’re the difference between a trip, and the trip of a lifetime.
Our Tauck Directors – Simply the Best
- Averaging 10 years of service with Tauck, our Tauck Directors are personifications of the word “leader”
- Knowledgeable professionals, they are well-versed in local cultural customs and traditions and love to explore
- Our Tauck Directors provide personalized attention and customized service onboard and ashore
- They manage all daily details of travel (including hotel check-in / check-out and luggage handling), oversee your on-tour transportation and make each day fun
- They choreograph each day’s sightseeing, seamlessly, keeping to schedules to make the most of your time
- Smaller groups immerse in cultural exploration on shore excursions with our Tauck Directors and local guides
- Passionate about travel, they enjoy sharing experiences that inspire and engage with authentic perspectives
Enjoy the Impossible. Made Effortless.
Leave it to us. We’ll handle every detail of your journey so you can totally immerse in our intimate cruising experience, sunrise to sunset. Logistics are removed… so your time is maximized and you can truly enjoy all that every destination you visit has to offer. Our shore excursions are unlike any others, combining our 90+ years of award-winning travel experience with unique, exclusive destination experiences ashore you couldn’t have on your own.
One Upfront Price… With Just About Every Travel Expense Included
With Tauck, your fare is your passport. For one upfront price, you’ll enjoy world-class hotels, exquisite meals and drinks, jaw-dropping excursions, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences on distinctively inclusive cruises. This is a truly seamless journey, where all the details seem to magically fall into place. This is all-inclusive, for those who refuse to settle.
Unlike other cruise companies, we include privately guided shore excursions that take you inside the destination – both on and off “the beaten path” – like no one else does.
When you travel with us, you’ll never wonder whose turn it is to pick up the check at dinner, how much to tip, or whether you booked the right hotel room. There are no options sold, no hidden costs and no compromises on quality. Just pure exploration, with nothing to take you out of the moment.
See What’s Included…
- Tauck’s signature land sightseeing on our private shore excursions offers you insights not available on your own – for Tauck guests only
- Inclusive cruise fare – no extra charges for meals or shore excursions
- All gratuities to the Tauck Director, ship staff, drivers, local guides and local experts are included – Tauck handles the tipping for you
- Hotel accommodations handpicked for location, service and style; airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- Most meals, bar and restaurant beverages, including house wines and spirits, throughout the day aboard ship – waterside dining at its best!
- Sightseeing with local experts and exclusive cultural entertainment events add an insider’s perspective
- Port charges, all taxes, luggage handling and more, all included!
And What’s Not…
- No options are sold
- No sales pitches are made
- No fuel surcharges applied
- The price you pay upfront is your final price